Frequently asked questions about credentials
In this section you can find the frequently asked questions about getting credentials in our courses.
- When you register in a course you have the option of audit the course or pay for the credentials in that moment:
- Audited: You have access to the full content of the course. You won't have a credential until you go the Dashboard and process the payment.
- Get a credential: You have acces to the course and to get a credential at the end of the course, as long as you have pass the minimum grade of the course. If you pay and then you don't reach the minimum grade for passing, there is no refund option.
- Before requesting the credential:
- Check in your profile that your fullname are the right ones. If they're not, modify them in your Dashboard.
- Check in the progress page of your course if you have the minimum passing grade (in "Pass" is shown the percentage of passing). If you pay for the credential and you haven't pass the course, there will be no refund.
- What kind of credentials does UNED Abierta offer?
UNED Abierta offers, currently, several types of credentials:
- Certificate: It is the highest level of official accreditation issued by the UNED in IEDRA and that has recognition of ECTS credits. This title is granted as belonging to the UNED and does not have the official character established in No. 30 of the Organic Law 4/2007 that modifies art. 34 of the Organic Law 6/2001 of Universities. In the Certificate the data of Name, Surname and DNI of the applicant are indicated; Course title successfully completed, date of issue of the credential, number of hours of the course, numbers of ETCS credits that are recognized and the reverse side details the course program. Currently, online payment is only allowed with several types of cards, 4B, VISA and MasterCard. Certificates may be recognized as equivalent to 1 - 5 credits (ECTS), depending on each case. They may be recognized in continuing education courses at the discretion of their teachers. They can also be recognized as credits in official education, according to the general procedure, although this procedure is currently under development. Its cost will vary, according to each course, between 45 and 70 euros. If the registration has been made correctly, entering the page will be able to download the accreditation again.
- Credential: Will be given to those who expressly ask for a recognition after passing the course. This title is given as UNED own and doesn't have the official character established in No. 30 of the Organic Law 4/2007 that modifies the art. 34 of the Organic Law 6/2001 of Universities. In the Credential the details of the Name and Surname of the applicant are indicated; Course title successfully completed, date of issue of the credential and number of hours of the course. It is obtained completely online and its cost will be 15 euros.
- Badges: It will be granted automatically according to the self-assessment process, they are an informal and free accreditation and, therefore, they will not have any academic level or effect. As if it were virtual modular seals, they serve to accredit the competences and skills acquired and define your professional profile, as well as the achievement of certain levels of practice through mutual recognition among peers and participation in DEBATES and review of content the courses. They attest to having achieved a task, developed a competence or participated actively.
The badges can be shared in Badgr and other social networks:
- You can also audit any UNED Abierta course. You will not receive any credential in case of auditing a course.
- What payment methods are available?
Currently, UNED Abierta only allows online payment with several types of cards, 4B, VISA and MasterCard.
- Why should I pay for credentials?
If you plan to use the course to find work, advance your career or academic applications, you may prefer an credential for having successfully completed the course. It is also a great way to encourage oneself to complete the course and celebrate success.
The money you provide when crediting the credential, the UNED devotes it intimately to defray the expenses derived from the start-up and maintenance of these free courses. With what, if in addition to the minimum rate of 15 euros, you want to contribute to UNED Abierta continues to grow, you can do so by choosing to pay more for such credential.
- I have approved the course! Where can I find my credential?
Before requesting credential verify that your Name and Surname data are correct; then, on your Progress page, check that you have obtained the minimum grade to process it:
- If you have approved, you can request the credential by clicking on "Yes, I have finished this course" and have 14 days to request the refund as long as the credential has not been generated.
- If you have approved and obtained credential, there is no option to refund; see the point Claims and refunds.
Credentials can be processed after users reach the course cut grade (In Progress, the "Pass" line is marked with the percentage of passing the course). Once the payment is made, the credential will be available in the next 24 hours.
Once the credential is ready, a link or download button with the text "Download your credential" will appear directly on your Dashboard at the level of the course. And in addition, you will always have online access to the credential, to be able to verify its veracity.
Also, in your profile, below your name and surname data you can see the history of your payments.
- I've paid for the credential but I have not passed the course
If you have not approved, but have paid the credential, there is no option to refund; see the point Claims and refunds.
- What is the deadline to pay for credential?
There is no deadline. To pay for credential (if you have obtained the minimum cut grade), please follow these instructions:
- 1. Visit your dashboard.
- 2. Click on the button 'Challenge yourself', 'Pay to get credential'.
- 3. Choose your contribution to obtain an credential.
- 4. Click on Make Payment and follow the instructions to pay by credit card.
- When is the credential released?
In cases where the course is opened sequentially, or have an end date, the credential will be released when the course is finished.
In cases where the courses are fully opened from the beginning, so that you can go at your own pace, the credential will be released from the beginning once you have paid for it.
- Will I get my money back if I change my mind?
Once the credential is generated there is no option to refund.
For the payment of credential, you have up to 14 days after having paid; after this period we can not refund the money, and as long as the credential has not been generated.
Do you want a refund or have problems with the bill? Contact us Please include the order number you received when you made the payment on all the requests you make to us. Please, do not include your credit card information. See the Claims and refunds section.
- Claims and refunds
Students must make claims related to UNED Abierta courses, except those related to the qualifications, by writing (according to model) submitted to the Vice-Rectorate for Methodology and Innovation or by email attaching the proposed model to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the Mailbox of complaints, suggestions and congratulations of the UNED.
They will not be entitled to a refund:
- When the student, having paid the credential, did not obtain the minimum grade.
Refund of public prices
According to what is established in article 27.5 of Law 8/1989, of April 13, of Public Rates and Prices, they will be entitled to refund:
- When for reasons not attributable to the student that service is not provided.
- When the student requests cancellation of payment within the term thereof and provided that the credential has not been issued.
- The refund of the amount in these cases, will be requested by writing to the Vice-Rectorate of Methodology and Innovation.
Against the Resolution, which exhausts the administrative procedure, a contentious-administrative appeal may be filed with the Contentious-Administrative Chamber of the Superior Court of Justice of Madrid, within a period of two months, counted from the day following the publication of the the Resolution, or, optionally, appeal for reinstatement before Mr. Excellent Rector of the UNED within a period of one month, counting from the day following the publication of the Resolution.
- Do I have an option for some kind of discount for some concept?
Do not; as we are not official teachings, we are not obliged to apply these benefits.
- What types of courses does UNED Abierta offer?
UNED Abierta offers all types of courses, available on the main page: https://iedra.uned.es
All these courses follow the theme of our official website: https://unedabierta.uned.es
UNED, as the owner of the website iedra.uned.es, does not store debit card data. The payment gateway managed by Cybersource uses the necessary methods to guarantee the privacy of the pages by using the secure https protocol.