- List the differentiating characteristics of nuclear energy
- Describe the type of safety analysis that serves as a basis for safety requirements and their limitations
- Know the concept of defense in depth
- Explain how your work affects safety in all levels
- Nuclear Energy differentiating characteristics.
- Basic Philosophy of Nuclear Safety.
- How my work affects safety?
- Evolution of the concept “Defense in Depth"
The glossary of nuclear terms available in the course should be enough to guide those with no knowledge of nuclear technology
- Mercedes Alonso Ramos. Assistant lecturer in Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- Fernando González González. Head of Safety Management and Leadership. Tecnatom
- Javier Sanz Gonzalo. Profesor Nuclear Engineering. UNED.
- David Abarca Ahijado. Safety Management and Leadership Consultant. Tecnatom.
- Álvaro Pablo Muñoz Rodrigo. Nuclear training specialist.
- Ángeles Sánchez-Elvira Paniagua. Senior lecturer. Digital Educational Technology
This second permanent edition of the course is an in-kind contribution of Tecnatom and UNED to the sustainability of the first edition. As being a permanent edition, no teaching assistance is foreseen.
These MOOCs are conceived as a first contact with the safety culture in all areas to continue, then, deepening in more specific concepts in the nuclear field. In order to establish a good safety culture and nuclear safety culture, aligned leadership is necessary. All these aspects will be worked in a dynamic, different and participative way, in which collaborative learning will be a key aspect. The goal of the MOOCs is to ensure that students, industry workers and any person interested, know and transmit the safety culture and its importance.
At the end of the MOOCs, the participants will be able to understand and explain the aspects related to human behaviour and its management to achieve a strong safety culture. These general concepts will be focused to the nuclear industry and its differentiating characteristics.
The MOOCs structure includes three independent NOOCs (Nano Open Online Courses).
In this context we offer in this course as well as in the other two NOOCs, a very extensive glossary of nuclear terms in order to guide those with little or no knowledge on the subject for the complete understanding of all the contents, specially for NOOC II.