We could say that the nuclear industry, together with other high hazard industries such as aeronautical or petrochemical, is the paradigm of safety. In this case, we will explore all the specific aspects of the nuclear sector related to safety culture. Based on operational experience and real cases, we will explore those aspects that make it different from other industries with high safety requirements.
- List the differentiating characteristics of nuclear energy
- Describe the type of safety analysis that serves as a basis for safety requirements and their limitations
- Know the concept of defense in depth
- Explain how your work affects safety in all levels.
- Nuclear Energy differentiating characteristics.
- Basic Philosophy of Nuclear Safety.
- How my work affects safety.
- Evolution of the concept “Defense in Depth ´´
Basic justifiable knowledge about nuclear technology or the full completion of the “Refreshing Nuclear Basics” NOOC
- Mercedes Alonso Ramos. Assistant lecturer in Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- Fernando González González. Head of Safety Management and Leadership. Tecnatom
- Javier Sanz Gonzalo.Professor of Nuclear Engineering. UNED.
- David Abarca Ahijado. Safety Management and Leadership Consultant. Tecnatom.
- Álvaro Pablo Muñoz Rodrigo. Nuclear training specialist.
- Ángeles Sánchez-Elvira Paniagua. Senior lecturer. Digital Educational Technology
NOOC II belongs to the MOOC Introducing safety culture and its application to the nuclear field. 30 h.
This MOOC is conceived as a first contact with the safety culture in all areas to continue, then, deepening in more specific concepts in the nuclear field. In order to establish a good safety culture and nuclear safety culture, aligned leadership is necessary. All these aspects will be worked in a dynamic, different and participative way, in which collaborative learning will be a key aspect. The goal of the MOOC is to ensure that students, industry workers and any person interested, know and transmit the safety culture and its importance.
At the end of the MOOC, the participants will be able to understand and explain the aspects related to human behavior and its management to achieve a strong safety culture. These general concepts will be focused to the nuclear industry and its differentiating characteristics.
The MOOC structure includes four independent NOOCs (Nano Open Online Courses).
NOOC I. What is Safety Culture? 10h.
NOOC II. Understanding Nuclear Safety Culture. 10h
NOOC III. Developing leadership for safety. 5h
NOOC IV. Refreshing Nuclear Basics. 5h