The concept of safety culture is an absolutely necessary issue, when it comes to recognize and manage risks.
- Identify the main features of the safety culture
- Analyze the risks associated with jobs and situations
- Apply the lessons learned from the case study on safety
- Know the main models of safety culture
- Evaluate the importance of organizational culture in safety
- Observe the evolution of the safety
- Risks management
- Safety culture concepts
- Organizational Culture for safety
- Safety I to Safety II
No specific requirements are needed
- Mercedes Alonso Ramos. Assistant lecturer in Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- Fernando González González. Head of Safety Management and Leadership. Tecnatom
- Javier Sanz Gonzalo. Professor of Nuclear Engineering. UNED.
- David Abarca Ahijado. Safety Management and Leadership Consultant. Tecnatom.
- Álvaro Pablo Muñoz Rodrigo. Nuclear training specialist.
- Ángeles Sánchez-Elvira Paniagua. Senior lecturer. Digital Educational Technology
This second permanent edition of the course is an in-kind contribution of Tecnatom and UNED to the sustainability of the first edition. As being a permanent edition, no teaching assistance is foreseen.
These MOOCs are conceived as a first contact with the safety culture in all areas to continue, then, deepening in more specific concepts in the nuclear field. In order to establish a good safety culture and nuclear safety culture, aligned leadership is necessary. All these aspects will be worked in a dynamic, different and participative way, in which collaborative learning will be a key aspect. The goal of the MOOCs is to ensure that students, industry workers and any person interested, know and transmit the safety culture and its importance.
At the end of the MOOCs, the participants will be able to understand and explain the aspects related to human behaviour and its management to achieve a strong safety culture. These general concepts will be focused to the nuclear industry and its differentiating characteristics.
The MOOCs structure includes three independent NOOCs (Nano Open Online Courses).
In this context we offer in this course as well as in the other two NOOCs, a very extensive glossary of nuclear terms in order to guide those with little or no knowledge on the subject for the complete understanding of all the contents, specially for NOOC II.
- Course certification
When successfully fulfilling the course you may earn a free badge and/or pay for a credential.