The concept of safety culture is an absolutely necessary issue, when it comes to recognize and manage risks.
There are many definitions for culture, and along this Nano-MOOC we will explain the common and most important features that support a strong safety culture. We will enhance our learning experience by showing industry experiences, and also engaging activities will be proposed to reach a complete understanding of what is safety culture.
- Identify the main features of the safety culture
- Analyze the risks associated with jobs and situations
- Apply the lessons learned from the case study on safety
- Know the main models of safety culture
- Evaluate the importance of organizational culture in safety
- Observe the evolution of the safety
- Risks management
- Safety culture concepts.
- Organizational Culture for safety
- Safety I to Safety II.
No specific requirements are needed
- Mercedes Alonso Ramos. Assistant lecturer in Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- Fernando González González. Head of Safety Management and Leadership. Tecnatom
- Javier Sanz Gonzalo.Professor of Nuclear Engineering. UNED.
- David Abarca Ahijado. Safety Management and Leadership Consultant. Tecnatom.
- Álvaro Pablo Muñoz Rodrigo. Nuclear training specialist.
- Ángeles Sánchez-Elvira Paniagua. Senior lecturer. Digital Educational Technology
NOOC I belongs to the MOOC Introducing safety culture and its application to the nuclear field. 30 h. This MOOC is part of the courses offered and funded within ANNETTE project, led by ENEN (European Nuclear Education Network), and funded by Euratom, a complementary research and training programme for nuclear research and training within Horizon 2020 European Research Projects.
This MOOC is conceived as a first contact with the safety culture in all areas to continue, then, deepening in more specific concepts in the nuclear field. In order to establish a good safety culture and nuclear safety culture, aligned leadership is necessary. All these aspects will be worked in a dynamic, different and participative way, in which collaborative learning will be a key aspect. The goal of the MOOC is to ensure that students, industry workers and any person interested, know and transmit the safety culture and its importance.
At the end of the MOOC, the participants will be able to understand and explain the aspects related to human behavior and its management to achieve a strong safety culture. These general concepts will be focused to the nuclear industry and its differentiating characteristics.
The MOOC structure includes four independent NOOCs (Nano Open Online Courses).
NOOC I. What is Safety Culture? 10h.
NOOC II. Understanding Nuclear Safety Culture. 10h
NOOC III. Developing leadership for safety. 5h
NOOC IV. Refreshing Nuclear Basics. 5h