The concept of safety culture is an absolutely necessary issue, when it comes to recognize and manage risks.
There are many definitions for culture, and along this Nano-MOOCs we will explain the common and most important features that support a strong safety culture. We will enhance our learning experience by showing industry experiences, and also engaging activities will be proposed to reach a complete understanding of what is safety culture.
- Identify the main features of the safety culture
- Analyze the risks associated with jobs and situations
- Apply the lessons learned from the case study on safety
- Know the main models of safety culture
- Evaluate the importance of organizational culture in safety
- Observe the evolution of the safety
- Risks management
- Safety culture concepts.
- Organizational Culture for safety
- Safety I to Safety II.
No specific requirements are needed
- Mercedes Alonso Ramos. Assistant lecturer in Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- Fernando González González. Head of Safety Management and Leadership. Tecnatom
- Javier Sanz Gonzalo.Professor of Nuclear Engineering. UNED.
- David Abarca Ahijado. Safety Management and Leadership Consultant. Tecnatom.
- Álvaro Pablo Muñoz Rodrigo. Nuclear training specialist.
- Ángeles Sánchez-Elvira Paniagua. Senior lecturer. Digital Educational Technology
These MOOCs are conceived as a first contact with the safety culture in all areas to continue, then, deepening in more specific concepts in the nuclear field. In order to establish a good safety culture and nuclear safety culture, aligned leadership is necessary. All these aspects will be worked in a dynamic, different and participative way, in which collaborative learning will be a key aspect. The goal of the MOOCs is to ensure that students, industry workers and any person interested, know and transmit the safety culture and its importance.
At the end of the MOOCs, the participants will be able to understand and explain the aspects related to human behavior and its management to achieve a strong safety culture. These general concepts will be focused to the nuclear industry and its differentiating characteristics.
The MOOCs structure includes three independent NOOCs (Nano Open Online Courses).
In this context we offer in this course as well as in the other two NOOCs a very extensive glossary of nuclear terms in order to guide those with little or no knowledge on the subject for the complete understanding of all the contents, specially for NOOC II.
We highly thank those advertising this initiative within the nuclear sector, but as well towards professionals from other industries (specially high-risk industries), as well as master students of nuclear and other technical studies, to gather a varied audience to enhance global networking and a collaborative learning experience. This course will allow a research study and its dissemination is crucial to achieve massive participation from the main target groups.
- Course certification
Apart from the free badge and/or the payent credential, it is possible to obtain an academic certificate when successfully fulfilling the three NOOCs. Instruction on how to proceed in this case will be given to the course participants at the course start.
If you want to have the possibility of earninig a free certificate, please apply as well at the ANNETTE application page. The first 20 applicants successfully fulfilling the courses with earn a free 1ECTS university certificate.