People should be involved in safety. That could be achieved by promoting a healthy safety environment and helping all the workers to make safety culture as their own; however, they also need to know how to work during emergencies. Leaders play a key role in this process, so it is important to understand what is expected from the leadership under emergencies, and how to work on the different skills to be ready when they are needed.
- Know the main theories of leadership and how they have evolved until today
- Acquire the skills to maintain effective leadership in emergency situations
- Apply those leadership skills for the development of teams or partners
- Models and evolution.
- Leadership in emergencies.
- Skills development.
No specific requirements are needed
- Mercedes Alonso Ramos. Assistant lecturer in Nuclear Engineering. UNED
- Fernando González González. Head of Safety Management and Leadership. Tecnatom
- Javier Sanz Gonzalo.Professor of Nuclear Engineering. UNED.
- David Abarca Ahijado. Safety Management and Leadership Consultant. Tecnatom.
- Álvaro Pablo Muñoz Rodrigo. Nuclear training specialist.
- Ángeles Sánchez-Elvira Paniagua. Senior lecturer. Digital Educational Technology
These MOOCs are conceived as a first contact with the safety culture in all areas to continue, then, deepening in more specific concepts in the nuclear field. In order to establish a good safety culture and nuclear safety culture, aligned leadership is necessary. All these aspects will be worked in a dynamic, different and participative way, in which collaborative learning will be a key aspect. The goal of the MOOCs is to ensure that students, industry workers and any person interested, know and transmit the safety culture and its importance.
At the end of the MOOCs, the participants will be able to understand and explain the aspects related to human behavior and its management to achieve a strong safety culture. These general concepts will be focused to the nuclear industry and its differentiating characteristics.
The MOOCs structure includes four independent NOOCs (Nano Open Online Courses).
- In this context we offer in this course as well as in the other two NOOCs a very extensive glossary of nuclear terms in order to guide those with little or no knowledge on the subject for the complete understanding of all the contents, specially for NOOC II.
Apart from the free badge and/or the payent credential, it is possible to obtain an academic certificate when successfully fulfilling the three NOOCs. Instruction on how to proceed in this case will be given to the course participants at the course start.
If you want to have the possibility of earninig a free certificate, please apply as well at the ANNETTE application page. The first 20 applicants successfully fulfilling the courses with earn a free 1ECTS university certificate.